Nettle, also known as Stinging Nettle, is a green leafy plant found in moist areas and has many health benefits, especially for hair. This plant has small spiny hairs on the undersides of leaves and stems. At some point, if you brush against those hairs, then you might get rash or itchiness on the skin because spiny hairs have a chemical that transfers to your skin when touched.
However, Nettle is not all bad for you because there is a safe way to harvest it. The plant is then used in a variety of medicines, food, and for practical purposes. At first, you might see a disadvantage, but Nettle has been in use for many years for treating both internal and external tissues of the body due to high in minerals and vitamins.
Nutritions in Nettle
- Formic acid
- Vitamins A, C, D, and B-complex
- Traces of minerals
Beneficial properties of Nettle
Nettle as a herb has many beneficial properties for the human body, from head to toe. Let’s look at them one by one.
- Hair Tonic: Nettle used in Natural soap, helps treat hair loss and promote healthy hair growth.
- Anti-allergic: Nettle is helpful for getting rid of allergic symptoms when used in mast cell stabilization.
- Styptic: Nettle helps stop the blood when applied to a bleeding wound.
- Alleviates Pain: Reduces pain in many cases.
- Diuretic: It helps in kidney filtration and increases the flow of urine.
- Anti-inflammatory: Nettle reduces inflammation symptoms.
- Anti-rheumatic: Nettle helps fight a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions with an undefined mechanism.
- Cleanse: Nettle is also called depurative due to its cleaning and detoxifying the blood and skin properties.
- Nutritive tonic: Nettle herb adds nutrients to your body and restores.
- Expectorant: Nettle is recommended for patients suffering from conditions of the lungs, asthma, mucus, and chronic coughs due to its medicinal properties.
Nettle for Hair
Nettle is a powerful herb for hair loss and scalp repair. It can be used solely or mixed with other ingredients to combat hair loss and promote healthy hair growth for any kind of oily or dry hair. Nettle can be used as hair rinsers in soap or shampoos. Checkout these shampoo bars made in Wales with Nettle as the main ingredients:
These shampoo bars with Nettle as the main ingredient combines essential oils that double or triples their growth properties and bring your healthy and long hair back.
Nettle: Beneficial herb for Pets
Nettle is also beneficial for your pets due to its beneficial properties. For pets, it is used in medicines to combat seasonal allergies and helps receive the body with minerals. However, it is recommended to consult a vet before giving your dog or cat this herb because some cases report an allergy to nettle.
Nettle seeds are also used for treating illnesses in pets. This herb is also used in herbal medicines as a remedy for many issues. The primary use of nettle would be for just like you, as an ingredient for hair. Nettle is commonly used in a Handmade natural pet shampoo bar for treating hair loss and damaged hair. The soap helps hair grow back healthy and shiny. If your pet is suffering through hair loss due to any reason, use a shampoo bar with a nettle ingredient. Do not forget to consult a vet if your pet experiences minor itching or rashes.